I love this Asian Quinoa Salad, which is actually kind of odd because I’ve never been a huge fan of Asian flavors.
But I think that is changing. (At least a little.)
After three years of almost daily salads (Or according to Alex & Christian “stinky salads”) with this balsamic vinegar dressing, I’ve burnt myself out a bit.
I no longer wake up craving it - a fact which both of my boys are incredibly happy with.
I’ve tried creating a couple of new dressings but to be honest, I wasn’t over the moon about any of them. Then I made this Asian Chia Seed Salad Dressing and thought….hmmm….maybe I could eat this for the next three years.
So of course I had to use it in a quinoa salad.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup Mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup Asian Chia Seed Salad Dressing (more or less to taste) or store bought Asian Dressing
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Peanuts (optional)
- In a large bowl combine quinoa, spinach, oranges, cranberries, green onions and parsley. Toss with dressing and top with sesame seeds and peanuts. Serve at room temperature or chilled. Drizzle with additional dressing if desired.
Carbohydrates 31.6, Protein 7.3g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 18 mg, Fiber 4.4, Sugars 3.3