Whew! What I busy week! I have some really big news to share with you guys…soon. In the meantime, I’ve been busying going through all the great responses from the survey and trying to assimilate the information. If you asked a question in your survey, please don’t think you are being ignored! With over 1500 responses, its just taking me a while to sift through them all.
Don’t forget that you can now submit your recipes to share with other readers!
This is a great quinoa recipe brought to us by Margaret! Thanks Margaret!
This recipe is a mix of about 3 or 4 quinoa salad recipes I found on the internet...the final result is quite a bit different from all of them - we pared down the ingredients and added the fruit of the orange which tastes really good with the quinoa and nuts. Great for summer although we eat it all year round. ~Margaret
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and cooked in 2 cups water for 10 min, then cooled.
- Chopped raw cashews (handful)
- Dried Cranberries (handful)
- 1 orange, zested AND the fruit finally chopped
- 1 lemon – zest and juiced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Parsley/kale chopped for color (optional but a great way to sneak in more greens.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients into cooled quinoa. Chill for 3 hours at least...allowing ingredients to meld.