Really, I do.
And then I get in the kitchen and think…ok, I should add more vegetables, a little bit of this seasoning or that herb. Suddenly my salad that started out with 5 or 6 ingredients has turned into 10 or 12.
When something simple tastes good to my palette, it is cause for celebration.
So guys, today, we are celebrating!
This easy salad is so delicious that even I didn’t over complicate it! I love the crunch of the celery and almonds paired with the sweetness of the cranberries. I don’t use bottled dressings so I’ve included my recipe, but feel free to use whatever Honey Mustard that you like!
I hope everyone had a lovely Valentine’s day! I’m not much for “made up” holidays, but I did use it as an excuse to score extra hugs from the boys.
- 1 ½ cups cooked quinoa
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and julienned
- ½ cup almonds, chopped
- 1/3 cup Honey Mustard Dressing (bottled or see below)
- In a medium bowl combine quinoa, cranberries, celery, carrots and almonds. Toss with dressing and serve at room temperature or chilled. Drizzle with additional dressing as desired.
Nutritional information excluding dressing: Servings 4, Calories 163, Fat 7.2g, Carbohydrates 20.4g, Protein 5.8g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 38mg, Fiber 4.6g, Sugars 2.8g
- ¼ cup honey or agave nectar
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder OR 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until well combined.
With Oil: Servings 8, Calories 56, Fat 2.1g, Carbohydrates 9.4g, Protein .4g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 206mg, Sugars 8.8g Omitting Oil: Servings 8, Calories 41, Fat .3g, Carbohydrates 9.4g, Protein .4g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 206mg, Sugars 8.8g