Like a lot of you, I am a huge fan of green smoothies that make the rest of my family run for cover.
Still, there are times when something over-the-top-healthy just isn’t going to cut it. On those days, I enjoy something like this Java Quinoa Smoothie. Not nearly as good for me as a green smoothie…but a whole heck of a lot better than that bag of chocolate covered almonds in the fridge.
More often than not, a treat like this one is enough to keep me from the junk food. Hubby likes this for those on the go mornings when there isn’t enough time for both coffee and breakfast.
- 1 ½ cups brewed coffee, cooled to room temperature
- 1 cup almond milk or milk of choice
- 1/3 cup Quinoa Flakes
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds or chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 frozen banana, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoons sweetener, as desired
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Add ice as desired.
Servings 2, Calories 191, Fat 4.3g, Carbohydrates 34g, Protein 5g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 106mg, Fiber 5.6g, Sugars 13.1g, WW Pts 5
If you have a high speed blender, you may substitute cooked quinoa for quinoa flakes.