It is time to plan your last football party of the season!
I’ve mentioned before that while I adore College Football, Pro Football just isn’t my thing. That doesn’t keep me from enjoying the Superbowl festivities though, because for me it’s all about the food and the company. (Oh, and the commercials. You gotta admit, they are pretty entertaining.)
Since it will be August before I’ll again have an excuse to break out the football food, I like to plan ahead.
Over the next couple of weeks, I’ll be bringing you some great healthy Superbowl options – the kind of things that you don’t really need an excuse to eat. (How many new things will be largely dependent on the teething situation around our house.)
Today, I’m excited to have Stephanie here today from Life Tastes Like Food here with us today to share an amazing recipe that is sure to get you in the mood for a little football. This dish is simply perfect!
- 6 jalapenos (12 halves)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut the jalapenos in half and take out the seeds (use gloves or wash your hands with soap directly afterwards).
- In a bowl, mix together the quinoa, black beans, and corn.
- Scoop the quinoa mixture generously into each jalapeno half. I found that using a spoon to shape a mound works best.
- Place the poppers on a baking sheet (with a few inches between each of them) and then bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, sprinkle cheese on top of each popper and then place back in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Allow poppers to cool for 5 minutes and then serve immediately.
This recipe was featured in Gluten Free Recipe Round Up.