Recently, I picked up Jilliann Michaels The Master Your Metabolism Cookbook. I was excited to find three really great quinoa recipes. (Not to mention a bunch of other really wonderful recipes! If you don’t already have the cookbook I highly recommend it!) One that really caught my eye is the Greek Yogurt Cup with Quinoa Crunch and Berries. I had never tried cooking quinoa in the oven and was anxious as to how was going to turn out. I am happy to report that it was a pleasant surprise. Light and crunchy! Kudos to Jillian for thinking of this innovative way to cook quinoa!
I have modified the recipe to suit my taste. I hope you enjoy!
Quinoa Berry Crunch
1 cup of quinoa
¼ cup ground flaxseed
1 T Agave Nectar
1 T extra virgin olive oil
Yogurt Cup – 1 Serving
½ cup Greek Yogurt (flavor of your choice)
2 T Quinoa Crunch
½ cup mixed berries
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Rinse quinoa in a fine mesh strainer until the water runs clear. (3 to 4 minuts)
- Dry quinoa with paper towels and transfer to a mixing bowl. Combine with flaxseed, agave nectar and extra virgin olive oil.
- Spread in a thin layer on a baking sheet. (Make sure it is rimmed!) Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned, stirring every 5 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to cool. Store in a sealed container for up to a week.
- Place the yogurt in a serving bowl. Top with berries and quinoa.
According to Jillian this quinoa recipe can help you maintain strong bones, improve your metabolism, boost your immunity, maintain healthy skin and improve your cardiovascular health. Enjoy in good health!