Recently, I’ve been teaming up with Libby’s to get the word out that pumpkin isn’t just for fall anymore. If you’ve tried these quinoa patties and these pumpkin breakfast cookies that you know what I’m talking about.
If I haven’t convinced you yet, today I’ve got a Quinoa Salad with a Spicy Pumpkin Vinaigrette that I hope you are going to love as much as I do.
I gotta tell you, this salad dressing rocks. It’s packed with a sweet heat that goes over the top with the addition of LIBBY’S 100% Pure Pumpkin. The garlic/ginger combo gives it quite a kick, so if heat isn’t your thing, feel free to back off a bit.
I love how the addition of pumpkin allows me to cut the oil in the dressing in half without sacrificing texture.
I know some of you hate it when I give you recipes where you don’t use all of something. (You’ll only need 1/4 cup of pumpkin puree for this. I used an 8 ounce can so I had about 3/4 cup leftover.) Don’t worry, though, I’ve got you covered.
Here are some ideas for what to do with the leftovers:
- Hurry up already and make these quinoa patties or these cookies!
- Freeze the remainder in 1/4 cup increments so that you have it for other uses. (Like making this salad again. Or make just the dressing for a green salad.)
- Stir it into your oatmeal or smoothie.
- Go all sneaky chef and add it to prepared sauces. Smile knowing you are doing your family a favor by providing them a great source of Vitamin A while reducing the sodium per serving.
LIBBY’S Pumpkin on Pinterest
Quinoa Salad with Spicy Pumpkin Vinaigrette
- Pumpkin Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup LIBBY’S 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup organic corn kernels
- 1 cup baby peas
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons cashews, chopped
- Make vinaigrette by combining LIBBY’S 100% Pure Pumpkin, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, olive oil, onion, garlic, ginger and sea salt in a blender. Process until smooth.
- In a large bowl combine quinoa, corn, peas and carrots. Toss with desired amount of dressing. Top with cranberries and cashews and serve. Reserve additional dressing for leftovers or another use.
Servings 6, Calories 230, Fat 11.1g, Carbohydrates 29.4g, Protein 5.3g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 331mg, Potassium 356mg, Fiber 4.3g, Sugars 8g